10 books to read about design thinking
Design thinking is a powerful problem-solving methodology that has gained popularity in recent years. If you’re interested in learning more about design thinking and how it can be applied in various fields, here are 10 books that are worth checking out:
- “The Design of Everyday Things” by Don Norman – A classic book on the principles of good design, and how design thinking can improve the user experience.
- “Change by Design” by Tim Brown – A comprehensive guide to the design thinking process, with case studies and practical examples.
- “Designing for Growth” by Jeanne Liedtka and Tim Ogilvie – A book that emphasizes the importance of design thinking in business, and how it can drive innovation and growth.
- “Sprint: How to Solve Big Problems and Test New Ideas in Just Five Days” by Jake Knapp, John Zeratsky, and Braden Kowitz – A practical guide to running a design sprint, a condensed version of the design thinking process.
- “Design Thinking for Strategic Innovation: What They Can’t Teach You at Business or Design School” by Idris Mootee – A book that explores the intersection of design thinking and strategic innovation, with case studies and frameworks.
- “Design Thinking: Integrating Innovation, Customer Experience, and Brand Value” by Thomas Lockwood – A book that examines the role of design thinking in creating customer experiences and building brand value.
- “Design Thinking Handbook” by Eli Woolery – A comprehensive guide to the design thinking process, with tips, case studies, and practical tools.
- “Creative Confidence: Unleashing the Creative Potential Within Us All” by Tom Kelley and David Kelley – A book that encourages readers to tap into their creative potential and use design thinking to solve problems.
- “Design Thinking: Understanding How Designers Think and Work” by Nigel Cross – A book that provides an overview of the design thinking process, with a focus on the mindset and methods of designers.
- “The Art of Innovation: Lessons in Creativity from IDEO, America’s Leading Design Firm” by Tom Kelley – A book that shares insights and case studies from IDEO, a leading design firm that has been instrumental in popularizing design thinking.